Sunday, October 13, 2013

Daily One Hour Studies 13/10/7 to 13/10/13

So I finally decided to do some daily paintings or whatever. It's not entirely organized, all I know is that I must paint for at least one hour per day from photo reference. So far, the week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday, which is why I am posting this tonight. I may change topics every week, but so far I have all of these knight images in my folder that I want to paint, so I might just paint some more knights for a while.

The purpose of these studies is to train my observational skills and painting skills. I need to learn to paint efficiently to knock down shapes and compositions. What I have trouble the most I think is hue, I tend to undersaturate skintone. I've been doing my best to not pick colors, but depending on what I want to focus on, I may pick colors for an area I just want to knock in quickly. For example, for the chainmail studies I picked colors for everything else but the chainmail.

Anyway, enjoy what I have this week.


October 7th, 2013: Knight helmet.


October 8th, 2013: Dueling knight parts 1.


October 9th, 2013: Dueling knights part 2.


October 10th, 2013: Norman cavalry.
I chose this one because I like the Normans.


October 11th, 2013: Godfrey of Ibelin.
A screencap from Kingdom of Heaven.


October 12th, 2013: Mail coif.
Studying chainmail.


October 13th, 2013: French knight.
More chainmail study.

No comments:

Post a Comment